Online / Distance BSEE degree portal
I have done about 8 hours of research to find an ABET accredited Bachelor's Electrical Engineering online or distance education degree. According to my research, this is the complete list for North America.
ABET requires that in-person labs be a part of any ABET accredited engineering degree program. Basically, you will have to pick a "distance" ed program within drivable distance.
Many online programs were rejected for three reasons:
- The program is BSEET, not BSEE
- Program is not ABET accredited
- Someone has referenced a program to be available, but my search on their website could not find that program. If I genuinely missed one, then the web admin is an idiot.
- University of North Dakota. $33k for two years + travel for labwork.
- Stony Brook University. Did they get the accreditation? Northeast.
- Iowa State University. In-state students only.
- University of Florida. Second link ???
- University of Washington. In the process of being accredited.
THAT IS IT! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO SEARCH AND RUIN YOUR EYES.
A short list of rejected programs, so that you do not bug me asking about them. THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL PROGRAMS THAT I HAD TO REJECT:
- DeVry (BSEET)
- ECPI University (junk BSEET for $50k)
Best option, always, is first two years in a transfer program at a local Community College while being employed. Then you have both job experience and and Associate's and are OK to go to a good position or continue your education either at a local or distance university.
NOTE: EE distance education programs require you to not work. When you apply you cannot work while in college.